House Insurance

We know now that damage to your house can happen at any time!


A house is more than just a building. It likely represents the single biggest investment for our futures. Whether it is your family home, holiday home or a rental property PIC Insurance Brokers have a Policy; underwritten by leading New Zealand insurers, to ensure the widest scope of cover. Combine this with our superior claims advocacy and rapid claims service and you can be assured your Home, Investment and future is well protected.


Are you a Landlord?  

If you have a Rental Property then our purpose designed Tenanted Property Policy is the solution. With provisions to cover; “P and meth Lab contamination, damage to your contents, gradual damage, blockage to drains or sewer pipes and loss of Rental Income included you can be comforted in knowing that your investment is well protected. PIC can also provide cover to include losses due to; failure to give notice, malicious damage by tenants and eviction. With thousands of Rental Properties insured, whatever the damage, our claims team have the experience to deal with the issues promptly and efficiently.


Are you building a new home or renovating your existing home?

Talk to us about Contract Works Insurance before commencing. All Home insurance policies have limitations relating to damage arising from such projects. The builder’s liability policy will be of no assistance in these circumstances. Discuss with us prior to commencement so that the alterations and the existing dwelling are appropriately covered.

Find out more about Contract Works Insurance


How much to replace/rebuild your Home?

The Insurance Council of New Zealand advises that over 60% of us have not adequately estimated the cost to rebuild our houses and have simply accepted the Insurer’s “default“ sum insured. The Insured Value will not be the market value or the rateable value but rather, the cost to clear the site, obtain drawings and permits then rebuild in a similar style, taking into account inflation over both the insurance year and the rebuild period. We urge you to, either obtain a professional Valuation for Replacement or go to the Online Calculator.