We all have a duty of care towards others in our community. This duty arises in our everyday lives, our work and our relationships. Over and above this duty we are obliged to obey the laws of the land. However, sometimes despite our best endeavors, we can accidentally breach these duties and obligations, causing injury, damage or financial loss.
At PIC we work with our clients to mitigate these liabilities and transfer such risks to insurance companies for an appropriate premium.
A range of covers
Liability insurance has evolved over the years from a basic Public Liability policy to now include a full range of products, including Internet and Cyber Liability policies.
New case law, new legislation and increasing regulation, along with an increasingly complex world create new obligations and increase the likelihood of being sued or prosecuted.
Some examples of the types of liability you, or your business, could confront are;
- Damage to a third party’s property.
- A breach of legislation.
- Personal grievances by employees.
- Products which cause damage or injury to third parties.
- Errors or omissions in advice or services.
- Inadvertently transmitting a computer virus.
- Defective workmanship.
Some of the types of Liability Cover available include;
- General & Product Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employers Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Internet/Cyber Liability
- Associations Liability
- Freight Forwarders Liability
- Carriers Liability
Go back to Business Insurance