What personal information may we collect and why
The personal information that we may collect includes:
- your name;
- your telephone number and/or email address;
- your address or location;
- recordings of your interactions with us;
- financial, billing or invoicing information including bank account numbers; and
- insurance information including details of assets and past insurance claims.
How we may use that personal information
We collect this personal information in order to arrange and advise on your insurances in accordance with our Terms of Engagement and your instructions to us and to provide other services to you, including:
- responding to requests, enquiries, complaints and other customer care related activities;
- for administrative purposes such as creating accounts, transaction records, receipts and invoices;
- carrying out market and services analysis (including analysing patterns of use in relation to our services and your use of them) for the purposes of developing and amending marketing and business strategies;
- subject to you providing your consent (in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007) sending you messages to promote and market our goods and services, including informing you of new goods you can purchase, competition results, special offers and events which might interest you; and
- any other purposes required by law.
If you do not provide the information sought by us we may be unable to fully provide the services for which we have been engaged. If the information is required to apply for an insurance policy, you are reminded that you have a duty under the law to disclose all relevant information.
Sharing your personal information
- insurers, in order to arrange an insurance policy for you or get quotes;
- assessors appointed by your insurer to assess or investigate your claim;
- others named on your policy as co-insureds, in relation to your policy;
- repairers or suppliers, in relation to repairing or replacing your insured items;
- mortgagees and others with a recorded financial interest on the policy e.g. under the Personal Properties Securities Act 1999;
- Stockade Premium Funding Ltd, in order to provide you with financing if you request it; and
- dispute resolution services in order to resolve any dispute that we might have with you.
Security and storage of your personal information
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of all personal information you provide to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate, complete, up-to date, stored in a secure environment, and protected from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
How to access and correct your personal information
You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date, and that when acting on behalf of a business or another person, you are authorised to give such information to us.
You can request access to or correction of your personal information by contacting us using the details listed below.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. You may be charged the reasonable expenses incurred in giving you any information you have requested (such as searching and coping costs). Any such requests should be submitted in writing to the contact details set out below.
How to contact us